Issuance, closing dates, & ad specs for TFH Magazine
TFH Magazine Standard Unity Sizes in Inches
|Trim Size||9 x 10 7/8"|
|Full Page Bleed||9 1/4" x 11 1/8"|
|Live Area||8.5" x 10.375"|
|Double Page Spread||18.25" x 11.125"|
|2/3 Double Page Spread||12.18" x 11.125"|
|1/2 Page Horizontal||8.5" x 5"|
|1/2 Page Horizontal 2 Page Spread||17.5" x 5"|
|1/2 Page Horizontal 2 Page Spread Bleed||18.5" x 5"|
|1/2 Page Island||5.6" x 8.25"|
|1/2 Page Vertical||4.125" x 10.375"|
|1/2 Page Vertical Bleed||4.5" x 11.125"|
|2/3 Vertical||5.6" x 10.375"|
|1/3 Vertical||2.675" x 10.375"|
|1/3 Horizontal||8.5" x 3.29"|
|1/4 Vertical||4.125" x 5"|
|1/4 Horizontal||8.5" x 2.435"|
|1/6 Vertical||2.675" x 5.065"|
|1/6 Horizontal||5.6" x 2.435"|
Width of Single Column = 2.5" Depth of Column = 9.89"
Digital File Requirements:
- TFH adheres to SWOP standards
- To ensure the best printing results, please supply high resolution (300dpi or better) CMYK PDF files.
- We will accept high resolution (300dpi or better) CMYK TIFF, EPS, and JPG files. Black & White ads must be high resolution (300dpi or better). Line art must be 600 dpi.
- TFH uses the Macintosh platform exclusively. We accept files on CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, or DVD-RW discs. Floppy discs or Zip/Jaz discs are not acceptable.
- Ads should be built using Postscript or Open Type fonts. Any other fonts (e.g. TrueType) or fonts that are not included when the ad is sent may be substituted with the closest matching font at the discretion of our prepress department. Converting text to outlines or paths will help avoid potential font problems.
- NOTE: Vital advertising copy MUST be kept at least 1/2 inch away from ad edges.
- Avoid using artwork taken from the web. It is typically 72 to 96 dpi and is not suitable for print.
- Transparencies must be flattened when generating PDF files. Spot colors must be converted to their CMYK equivalents. Do not include ICC profiles.
- Embed all fonts and images in PDF files.
- When you send your PDF ad, you may also send the original Photoshop, Quark, InDesign or Illustrator files as well. Please include all fonts and artwork.
- Files needing any changes made by TFH’s prepress department may incur additional production charges.
- TFH is not responsible for the accuracy of color or content of ads submitted without the support of SWOP standard high quality matchprint proofs. Please contact our Art Director at email@example.com with any questions.
What advertisers are saying...
Daniel Stopnicki, EHEIM
Our longstanding relationship with TFH consistently provides us with top-notch advertising, due in large part to the continual hard work and dedication of the Publisher and the entire TFH staff.